Millions of developers use .NET to build high performance apps, from Enterprise to hobbiests. Docker enables .NET developers to build containerized applications that can be deployed natively to Windows or Linux. Windows containers support applications that leverage the full .NET Framework. And with AspNetCore on Linux developers can target both Linux-based Docker containers or Windows containers. In both cases you can develop your applications on Windows using your favorite .NET developer tools - then build Docker images and run them as containers on Windows Server or Linux machines.
This session in this session, you will learn how to build or migrate full .NET Framework applications and deploy them as Windows Containers. Then you will learn to build AspNetCore applications that can target either Windows or Linux containers, without any changes to your code.
Topics covered include
- Common considerations as you work locally
- Running local Docker containers, and preserving as environment settings
- Unit testing
- Choosing the right base image
- Working with IIS or Kestrel
- Composing multiple containers
- Working with a Docker Registry